This Day In History: 1887/12/28
Lieutenant Colonel LW Shakespear recalled that the 2nd Battalion was still housed in tents near Bijaypore, near Dehra Dun. He (as Quartermaster) and the Adjutant were ordered at about this time to plan a barracks for the Battalion, which was constructed there over the following months. In 1890 he also set up the first golf course in Dehra Dun round the recruits’ parade ground and rifle range. It was moved to its final location in 1905.