Captain Karnabahadur Thapa has informed me that a group of 16 Sirmooris, their wives and two affiliates have recently visited China, and has provided the photos shown below. They called themselves the ‘Leshan Sirmooris’, ‘Leshan’ meaning ‘Happy Mountain’ in Chinese. Their itinerary was:
Day 1. Kathmandu – Chengdu by Air China and welcome dinner.
Day 2. Day trip to Leshan, visit the Giant Buddha and a river cruise.
Day 3. Visit Panda breeding center, then fly to Shanghai.
Day 4. Visit Jade Buddha Temple, Xintiandi, Yu Garden Market and the Bund.
Day 5. Depart Shanghai by Fast train to Beijing. Visit the Tian’anmen Square and Jingshan Park overlooking the Forbidden City.
Day 6. Visit Badaling Great Wall (cable car ride), Bird Nest and Water Cube
Free shopping at Xiushui Street
Day 7. Fly from Beijing to Chengdu
Rest/ Farewell dinner
Day 8. Chengdu – Kathmandu by Air China
The following were in the group :
1. Capt & Mrs Ganesh Gurung
2. Capt Ajiman Gurung BEM and & Mrs Ajiman Gurung
3. Capt & Mrs Meghbahadur Gurung
4. Capt& Mrs Mekbahadur Gurung
5. Capt & Mrs Dudman Gurung
6. Capt & Mrs Karnabahadur Thapa
7. WO2 & Mrs Lachhuman Gurung
8. Mrs Krishnakumari Gurung (Capt Ajiman’s sister), and
9. Ms Poonam Subba midwife 2/2 GR